[Freebangfont-devel] Chotha from TDIL

From: Sayamindu Dasgupta
Subject: [Freebangfont-devel] Chotha from TDIL
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 15:40:24 +0530

Hi,
I was informed about the TDIL magazine VishvaBharat a long time ago, but the
HUGE size of the PDF scared me away from downloading it.

But i downloaded the July 2002 issue today, and took a look at the Bengali
section. It has a nice list of Bengali conjuncts, which can be cross checked
with our yuktolist.txt. It also has some nice statistics about usage of the
characters and conjuncts, which can be utilized for working on barebone fonts.

There is also an article on Indic script to roman transliteration which can
help us in finalizing Imbeng.
If you have'nt, check it out at
http://tdil.mit.gov.in

-sdg-

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta [http://www.peacefulaction.org/sayamindu/]
Get my Public Keys at http://www.peacefulaction.org/sayamindu/keys.html

Sub : Checkinstall                                   LOST #208

If you install packages after local compilations, use the bash
script "checkinstall", in place of 'make install'.It will make
necessary entries into the package  database  for  your distro
for subsequent manipulation with pkgtool, rpm and dpkg. Visit:
http://asic-linux.com.mx/~izto/checkinstall-en.html

: