[Freebangfont-devel] more bengali rendering bugs in Qt 3.2 beta

From: Deepayan Sarkar
Subject: [Freebangfont-devel] more bengali rendering bugs in Qt 3.2 beta
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 02:45:46 -0500

(Related to an earlier bug report: [Issue N22662])

Hi,

here are some more Bengali rendering bugs in Qt 3.2 beta (Linux)
(the first one being the most serious):

(1) trying to render the combination

      ra + hasanta +   ka + vowel-sign-o

      09B0      09CD   0995           09CB

    crashes Qt. In fact, the same is true for any consonant in place of
    'ka' (0995)

(2) I mentioned this before, and it's more serious than I initially thought.

      ra + hasanta + consonant + hasanta + ba

    is rendered incorrectly. The attached files have some real
    examples

(3) zo-phola: YA (09AF) becomes a post-base form only when it's placed
    after the base consonant in a syllable, not when it's
    standalone. Qt is rendering

      ya + hasanta (09AF + 09CD)

    as ya-phala (post-base form of ya). The 'halant' form should be used
    instead.

(4) Init feature: Does Qt support the init feature ? From my tests it
    seems that it is using the initial form of e-kaar and ai-kaar
    (09C7 and 09C8) all the time, irrespective of whether it's at the
    beginning of a word. In the attached examples, the first case should
    be the init form but not the second.

Thanks,

Deepayan