formuleweb-general

[Formuleweb-general] safety meadow

From: Dan Head
Subject: [Formuleweb-general] safety meadow
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 17:34:54 +0900

Like a true heron be could floatbut he could not swim a stroke.
I helped him down from the beaconand we returned to the clearing. John Pratt of London, turned, noted that I wasawake, and:Shes still there, he said.
Midnight: I have just been on a tour of inspection during a lull in therain.
When he returned to the clearing he told us that one ofher anchor chains had parted! When we got to the clearing we found the cowboys playing blackjack byfirelight.
Many frigate birds were still in the air, blown this way andthat in wild confusion. Oh well, I suppose that most of us in the South Seas acquire similarcharacteristics. If wedont crowd sail well never finish them today!
Weak, trembling, I loosened my life rope andslipped to the ground. Then the feeling of perilbecame overpowering.
Thewaves bashed her and ducked her, but she responded by turning a somersault.
Like a true heron be could floatbut he could not swim a stroke.
Midnight: I have just been on a tour of inspection during a lull in therain. For a moment I did not heed the sense ofdanger that prompted me to glance to the north.
He said nothing;just rose like an obedient child and followed me.
Later shetold me, almost fretfully, that the rum had kept her awake during the restof the storm! We crept through the clamorous blackness. It reminded me of the Clashing Rocks of theOdyssey. There was a moment of crashing branches, rushing water. The tall coconut tree to windwardleaned so far over that it sometimes touched the tree-house.
All the trees on the lagoon side of the island, we noticed, were black withroosting birds. It showed Panikinikis crossboom hanging from alimb; the canoe was gone. Then heclosed the scuttle and we all climbed into the canoe. Some god must have looked down on us and saved us, for the house did notcollapse immediately.
After that, feeling better, we sat in the cabin and lookedthrough Pratts scrapbook.
Anyway, I had been wondering what hope would remain to usif the five tamanu trees fell. In a moment I had Elaine on my backand had tied her there with a quilt. In the meantime I had taken two or three good drinks myself. I hadfallen into my first sound sleep when Powell woke me with a yell:Look out!
And I got back none too soon; a big comber all butcaught me as I was climbing to the tree-house.