formuleweb-announce

[Formuleweb-announce] rink evolutionary

From: Viola Mcdonald
Subject: [Formuleweb-announce] rink evolutionary
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 23:17:54 -0700

This last few weeks hasnt been any fun fer us. Jed, why didntyou tell me you were comin heah?
Sort of a lone wolf an shore a daid shot.
Wal, weve reached the partin of the trails, he said. An dont kick her in theribs, like you did when you got up fust. Our appetites are shore not a-rarin, replied Molly. About the middle of the morning Jed came out on the high point of theDiamond Mesa.
I reckon, though, thet feelinoughtnt to be trusted fer long. Untie the rope, he said, not looking at her, and went on spreading theboughs evenly.
You come hyar yourself an get some-thin, he replied.
But now he was anArizonian with blood on his hands.
The road is right hyar, he went on, as coolly and casually as if thatfact was nothing momentous.
This adventure had not lost its sting, despite the knockingat the gate of his conscience. Molly designated two duffle-bags and one small grip. The cool fragrance of the night and the woods accompanied him. But Jim distinctlycaught a soft thud, thud, thud of hoofs. An we caint dodge whats comin because of whats past.
My necks stiff fromturnin round to watch Miss Traft.
Darkness soon settled down, and twice Gloriana fell asleep beside thefire.
Curly was not as easy in mind as might have appeared to a superficialobserver. And when Molly camecarrying a dipper of water, Glorianas great tragic eyes lit up. Croak got sorer at allthe fuss Jed was makin over nothin. Whenhe had packed the horse Molly called from the cabin, Come an get it! Theres nine miles of fence down, which Jim an his unclecan thank Croak Malloy fer.
Wal, you shore are a helpless ninny, he returned, in disgust.
We had to take Slinger hometo West Fork, shot to pieces.
Wal, Mizzouri, it caint be did, drawled Curly. Gloriana gazed at him with eyes full of a sickening horror and desperatedefiance. Stone cooked the last ofthe meat and boiled the last of the coffee. Louis darlin here will croak on us, if we aint careful.
Gather somewood, start a fire, put on the water to boil, mix biscuits, an soforth. And whilehe did this he winked and grinned at Molly, who stood there aghast. He swindled my father out of money, and I suppose he thought he could dothe same with Uncle Jim. When they reached the top he had satisfaction in the _expression_ of thatyoung womans face.
Whereupon Gloriana liftedthe roll in both arms and came wagging across the grass.
And when Molly camecarrying a dipper of water, Glorianas great tragic eyes lit up. Wal, thets shore a cowboy job, slick an clean.