formuleweb-announce

[Formuleweb-announce] elaboration

From: Matthias Noble
Subject: [Formuleweb-announce] elaboration
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 15:53:54 -0600

However, he got a caning from theheadmaster of the Grammar School next day.
In early spring we went after squirrels withsquailers, and later on we went birdnesting. The next moment it gave a sharp bob and almostwent under. Wed got the essentials now, but we could do with some gut.
It was a rotten part of the pool, a partwhere no fish would ordinarily come.
There were good things to do in those days. The poor dying bruteflapped up and down and his scales glistened all the colours of therainbow. Theresno mistaking the movement your float gives when its a real bite.
As a boy I didnt give either the house or the grounds asecond look. Then Nobbytried pidgin English, which he expected her as a foreigner tounderstand:Wantee needle! Finally we made her understand and got a needle from her. It must have been afish that was just passing accidentally and saw my bait.
I had some nasty red weals on the calvesof my legs when we got to the other side of the hedge. But it was in the holidays that onereally lived. There were good things to do in those days.
But there were about half a dozen otherswho were as mad on fishing as I was. Grasshoppersare about the best bait there is, especially for chub.
The next moment hed flung the fish on to the grass and wewere all kneeling round it. However, he got a caning from theheadmaster of the Grammar School next day. There were four of them, andwe each had one to stamp on.
The others kept shouting that theyd got anibble, but it was always a lie.