fmsystem-developers

[Fmsystem-developers] (my) First post!

From: Thomas Lundquist
Subject: [Fmsystem-developers] (my) First post!
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 15:01:19 +0200

Hello.

As the from headers already have told you, My name is Thomas Lundquist and
I'm a consultant/programmer/architect/project manager from Redpill Linpro.

I was just appointed to work on this system for a customer of ours which
is not Bergen Kommune this time.

And the first thing I started to look at was replacing the "Bergen Kommune"
logo and it occured to me that the template stuff may need some changing.

Quite a few places we have "base" as the template in use and inside that
code is hard coded stuff like "Velkommen til Bergen kommune og AktivBy".

This seems to be like that regardless what template chosen and that is
a bit of a challenge if we are going to let more people use this system.

So, I have a suggestion.

What if we just made the existing base directory (aka mv) bkbooking
and made a script that could set up this with symlinks?

Then we could have as many base templates we'd like and it would do

ln -sf <template_dir> base

Wherever that is needed. Some places do use the set template in the
preferences and we'll keep that.

This is a lot quicker than recoding all places using 'base' to get the
template/directory from the DB which is nothing I'd like to do right now
since I do not know the code well enough yet.

Any opinions? I may be totally wrong here and something else would
be alot easier to do and if that, please let me know.

I've also sent a request for being a developer in the Savannah project
and if I do get that I'll make a branch for this change so you can have a
look at it and merge it to trunk when it's ready.

regards
Thomas.