fluid-dev

Re: [fluid-dev] Parameter Parse questions

From: Tom M.
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Parameter Parse questions
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 00:03:17 +0200

Parameters that do not require an argument can be concatenated without
a space. Extra arguments to those parameters, however, must be
delimited by spaces. When you write
"-R1nivF/home/parallels/my_music.wav" how should getopt know where the
argument for the -R parameter ends? Just like you cannot write
"-nivF/home/parallels/my_music.wav/home/parallels/FluidR3_GM.sf2"
because getopt wouldn't know where the argument for -F ends. Pls refer
to the documentation of getopt for more information.

> I also tried "fluidsynth -o reverb=1 -o no-midi-in -o no-shell -o
> fast-render=/home/parallels/my_music.wav /home/parallels/FluidR3_GM.sf2
> /home/parallels/MIDI_sample.mid". But still not work

...because you've provided invalid parameters. This cannot work. Pls.
read fluidsynth's manual.

Tom