fluid-dev

Re: [fluid-dev] Homebrew package

From: Tom M.
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Homebrew package
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 20:21:50 +0100

I am sorry for all the inconvenience caused for our Mac users.
However, Homebew already has a very well-organized and responsive
community that took care of proposing an update [1], only 1 day after
we've released a fix, 3 days after they reported the bug.

The way how the maintainers of Homebrew deal with such an urgent
update (by doing nothing for months) must be very discouraging for
their community and is anything but attractive to new contributors. I
do not understand this behavior. Also, the most recent decision to not
execute our unit tests [2] is totally incomprehensible to me
personally.

Tom

[1] https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/pull/46793
[2] https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/pull/48863#discussion_r365512230