flexisip-developers

Bad To header when enabling push notifications in the linphone header

From: Sibert Declercq
Subject: Bad To header when enabling push notifications in the linphone header
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019 09:12:05 +0000

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to use flexisip as a proxy and push gateway for Asterisk.

The proxy part works. I can register a client and make calls to clients using flexisip as a proxy for Asterisk.

But I’m stuck at the push gateway part. I have gotten it to work when running flexisip standalone, but when I’m using it as a proxy, I keep getting following logs:

2019-11-29 10:00:37:933 flexisip-debug-nta: received INVITE sip:117@172.20.10.44:5061;app-id=929724111839;pn-type=firebase;pn-timeout=0;pn-tok=<redacted>;pn-silent=1;CtRt192 SIP/2.0 (CSeq 102)

2019-11-29 10:00:37:933 flexisip-debug-nta: INVITE has bad To header

2019-11-29 10:00:37:933 flexisip-debug-nta: INVITE (102) is Bad To Header

I have looked in the source code, but I cannot find where this “has bad To header” comes from. I understand it’s because of the fact that the pn-parameters are not removed by the Forward module. In the source of this module there’s following code:

// Clean push notifs params from contacts

if (sip->sip_contact && sip->sip_request->rq_method != sip_method_register) {

                removeParamsFromContacts(ms->getHome(), sip->sip_contact, mParamsToRemove);

                SLOGD << "Removed push params from contact";

}

Which is supposed to clean the params, but the code only is supposed to execute when it’s not a a SIP-register, but that seems counter intuitive. Shouldn’t it remove the params when the method is a register?

I also can’t find the message “Removed push params from contact” in my logs, so I suppose that’s where it goes wrong?

Kind regards,

Sibert Declercq