fle3-dev

Re: [Fle3-dev] Knowledge building map view

From: Teemu Leinonen
Subject: Re: [Fle3-dev] Knowledge building map view
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 17:05:37 +0200

Hi,

Teemu Leinonen wrote:
I though that it is good to share with you (and also to document it to the Fle3 mailing lists archive) an old UI dummy design, with the knowledge building map view:

Sorry. Here is a straight link to the map view:

http://mlab.uiah.fi/~gkligyte/fle3/KB/kb_start_note.html

When dreaming about the day when we will have a "concept map" browser in the Knowledge Building, I found a project called Visual Understanding Environment (VUE):

http://vue.tccs.tufts.edu/

Does any of you know anything about this?

Didn't register and download the software because it looks that it is Windows only. Anyway the description sounds interesting and the software could contain something on what we could learn something :-)

"Using VUE's concept mapping interface, faculty and students design customized semantic networks of digital resources drawing from digital libraries, local files and the Web."

        - Teemu