fle3-dev

[Fle3-dev] Blog with Fle3?

From: Teemu Leinonen
Subject: [Fle3-dev] Blog with Fle3?
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 11:51:48 +0300

Hi all,

When looking for a weblog tool for my first child - who we are expecting to be born in the end of July (yes, he/she already got a gmail-account :-) - I found a Zope weblog tool product, called PABlog. See:

http://www.punitiveart.com/Projects/PABlog

Related to my earlier mail about having "teachers open course announcement page that is available in the web, not inside Fle3" (http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/fle3-dev/2004-05/msg00004.html) I started to think that how big job would it be to have the PABlog within the Fle3?

The PABlog in Fle3 could work so that when creating a course the staff user could choose to have a "weblog" in the course (similar way as with the "shared course folders"). The weblog would then be openly available in the web with a login -link to the Fle3 where it was created from. The URL of the weblog could be e.g. http://host.fi/FLE/course_name/

The rights should be so that only the teacher of the course would have rights to write/edit/delete/ the weblog entrys. The commenting feature should be turned off to avoid the discussion and "knowledge building" to endup to the weblog. With the calendar in the PABlog the course could be nicely documented.

If this sounds strange, for those who understand Finnish (well, you may get the idea also without understanding the content) I have an example online:

http://www2.uiah.fi/~tleinone/OAMK/

This was a course I was teaching last spring. The "blog" was made by simply editing one file with emacs in my home directory. With the PABlog the same activity could be made much more simple for Fle3 teachers.

For me the experience to use this kind of "blog" within the course was very good (and what is good for me may be good for others, too :-)

Let me know what do you think about this?

Any volunteers interested in to work on this?

        - Teemu
Teemu Leinonen
http://www.uiah.fi/~tleinone/
Office: + 358 9 756 30 296