fle3-dev

Re: [Fle3-dev] Killing the WebTop?

From: Bo Granlund
Subject: Re: [Fle3-dev] Killing the WebTop?
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 12:04:59 +0300

Hey giedre,

> I just got an e-mail from the guys in Lithuania that are using and
> transforming Fle3 to be used for communities in rural areas. They want to
> get rid of WebTop and use mostly Knowledge Building for their purposes. Is
> it possible to tweak Fle3 so that after logging in the user would end up in
> KB, not personal WebTop?

That would be trivial, if the current course is cached somewhere. I.e. just
tweak the login handler to redirect to the courses KB root. Infact I'm quite
positive all the required functionality is in there already.

They need to modify uhm, FLE.redirect_to_webtop() there where it says:

            return REQUEST.RESPONSE.redirect(
                    self.state_href(REQUEST, 'fle_users/' + uname + '/webtop/'))

to say something like:

            return REQUEST.RESPONSE.redirect(
                    self.state_href(REQUEST, 'courses/' +
                       current_course_id_of_uname(uname) + "/")

Hmm maybe they will need current_course_id_of_uname(uname), but it's not
hard to make one.

Bo