fle3-dev

Re: [Fle3-dev] Using LDAP with Fle3

From: Tim Wilson
Subject: Re: [Fle3-dev] Using LDAP with Fle3
Date: Tue Aug 13 22:09:02 2002

On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 01:50:10AM +0300, Bo Granlund wrote:

> > Has anyone tried creating courses from LDAP records? How about
> > authenticating students or teachers using LDAP?
>
> Do you have a need for LDAP support in fle3?

Our entire school district uses NetWare (except for our Linux-powered
Web server of course) and NDS for storing records about users, groups,
computers, etc. The Zope LDAP tools work quite nicely on NDS and the
benefit of plugging LDAP into Fle3 is that teachers and students could
use the same login and password that they use everywhere else on the
network. No small benefit in my view.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.com