fhsst-physics

Re: [Fhsst-physics] False Information in an example?

From: Markus Oldenburg
Subject: Re: [Fhsst-physics] False Information in an example?
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 03:16:36 +0200

Hello Jaynie, hello Lucas:

FYI: With the help of Sarah (I had access problems because the chapter was not treated as a possible assignment anymore) I was able to fix the problems reported by Lucas. The corrected version is available at http://www.fhsst.org/?q=node/6968 .

Lucas: You can find a 'readable' version somewhere on the top of the page: "You can find a :ps file (zipped) here <http://www.fhsst.org/files/fhsst_ps/fhsstadmin6968.ps.zip> | pdf file here <http://www.fhsst.org/files/fhsst_ps/fhsstadmin6968.pdf.zip>".
Somebody will come back to you regarding your offer to help. Thank you.

Jaynie: Just to let you know: This email list (fhsst-physics) seems to be obsolete, but I couldn't get a statement from Mark yet. (He is at a conference to talk about FHSST!) I moved the whole threat to the Physics Forum at FHSST.org . As far as I understand not everybody is able to get mail from this list, still.

Greetings, Markus

Lucas Vogelsang wrote:
Hi

I looked at the new book. It looks much better!

Please disable these download links and update the wikibooks please in this case.

I only have little time besides school and other open source activities, but I'd like to help a little.

I have some questions, regarding involvement:

I'm not a very gifted writer, so, is there anything else I could do?

I like to draw and make designs, who's working on it currently?

Is there a TODO list, with little tasks I could start with?

regards,
lucas

Jaynie Padayachee wrote:
Dear Lucas,

Thank you for pointing out the error in the worked example and it is great that you are finding the book useful.

However, there are a few things that you need to be aware of:

1. The books are not complete and are  therefore not ready to use.

2. It appears that you are accessing the old FHSST site and therefore a very old version of the book.

3. The new site is at www.fhsst.org where the latest versions of the books can be found.

Jaynie On behalf of FHSST Admin Team