fhsst-admin-priv

[Fhsst-admin-priv] Re: Rochford

From: Mark Horner
Subject: [Fhsst-admin-priv] Re: Rochford
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:35:35 -0800

Hi Spence

Rochford is a bit strange, but he has access to that class which will be
the manpower we need to finish off - I hope!

Lets try to get that guy involved - I think we should push him into a
chemistry chapter - I can't remember who has which chapter assigned to them
but I will ask Sarah to get hold of Brett Cocks and get a draft of his chapter
in the next week. I know we need maths but when Lara's group delivers and
Brett chem will be nearly done. I think a finished book helps with further
recruiting more than an extra maths piece - but we will need more maths people.

I will definitely help edit - I have ordered my laptop - and once it arrives I
will definitely be able to spend a few extra hours every week on the book.
I am quite happy to come in over the weekend this weekend - next weekend it
should have arrived.

This is awesome! Sarah was going to start discussing a distribution plan
tomorrow - very high level - and we were discussing printing and then today
we here from this other guy!!!

Also Sam should try to get something out of the guy that contacted him.

We are gonna change the world ;)

Spencer Wheaton wrote:

Prof Rochford must be senile! I arrived early for the meeting with his class so sat in the front row. He came in and asked everyone to introduce themselves- he got to me and made me say my name. I knew something was wrong when he said, "Long time since we've had a Spencer in the class." Didn't want to embarrass him so just went with it, but when he left the room to organise something I followed. "I have been waiting for you" he said, "and you were here all along!" Very wierd- anyway I got my 10 minutes and one guy has expressed interest in contributing to the project as a writer. He has Maths, Physics and Chem III! I suggested that he mail me if he is serious and that we set him to work on either Chem or Maths....... I have asked Rory to work on Energy. With Heather and Sarah working on Forces and Collisions respectively we should be set. I suggest that prelim drafts be ready by weekend so that we (or I) can do an initial edit.

Regards
Spencer