fhsst-admin-priv

[Fhsst-admin-priv] FHSST

From: Spencer Wheaton
Subject: [Fhsst-admin-priv] FHSST
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 16:30:02 +0200 (SAST)

Dear Prof Rochford

Firstly thank you for the opportunity to speak to your students today. I
am coordinating things such that the next three mechanics Chapters will be
ready by Wednesday next week. Since there are 12 students and by next
Wednesday 6 chapters will have been handed out:

I Units, II Vectors, III Momentum, IV Forces, V Energy, VI Collisions and
Explosions

I propose that, if students work in pairs, each pair be assigned two
chapters. In this way we will have feedback from two independent groups on
each chapter. Also to encourage checks of continuity, it would be great
that in addition to detailed crits of their assigned chapters each pair
comments on how they feel their chapters fit in with the rest. This will
ensure that each pair at least reads all 6 of the chapters.

Please let me know what you think of these ideas. Also it would be very
useful if I could have the contact details of the students (i.e. their
email addresses). Perhaps I could come down to the school where you
are teaching next week to speak to them all very briefly again to finalise
the assignment of chapters etc.

Regards
Spencer Wheaton