ff3d-users

Re: [ff3d-users] many questions

From: Stephane Del Pino
Subject: Re: [ff3d-users] many questions
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 09:24:52 +0200

Le Lundi 25 Avril 2005 07:55, Math @ AGD a écrit :
> Hi all
Hello.

> Lets just say I found something I wanted to test and found the FEM3D
> program with no real programming skills what so ever.
>
> First off is the ff3d and the FEM3D the same program?
I don't know the FEM3D package,  I think FEM3D is another package, but I
quickly searched on the web and found no home page...
If someone have some details?

> 2nd do I need other programs to get this up and working as best as it can
> and if so where do I get them and how do I get it all to work?
Well if you are running MS-Windows or MacOS-X, you just need to download the
binary file here
        http://www.freefem.org/ff3d/binaries.html
Since ff3d has no graphical interface yet, to use it, open a terminal
('command' under windows) and execute
        ff3d anexample.ff

To visualize the solution you'll probably need MEdit:
        http://www.ann.jussieu.fr/~frey/logiciels/medit.html

If you need to generate meshes (ie you do not want to use the fictitious
domain approach), download a mesher:
        http://www.geuz.org/gmsh/  (for instance)

I hope this answers your question
Best regards,
Stephane.

PS: fill free to ask any question if anything goes wrong ...