ff3d-users

[ff3d-users] Periodic BCs

From: Bharat Rangan
Subject: [ff3d-users] Periodic BCs
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 19:00:38 -0600

Hi,
Thanks for the detailed reply. As you suggested, I am going through the NS
example and trying my own case. A couple of questions in this are

1. The projection method in the example has -div(eps*grad(p)) + eps*p +
dx(u1)+dy(u2)+dz(u3). The methods that I have come across are
usually -div(grad(p)) + large_number*div(u) =0. Is there a difference in
these implementations.

2. Is there an external way to implement periodic BCs. Like some penalty on
the difference of the solution on the two faces and then iterating ?

Thanks again for the descriptive reply.
Bharat Rangan