Re: Fwd: output of correlator

From: Jean-Noël Grad
Subject: Re: Fwd: output of correlator
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2022 17:15:49 +0200

Hi,

maybe someone more knowledgeable can correct me, but I think what you're trying to achieve requires one correlator per particle.

Internally, ESPResSo correlators work with flattened array, therefore it is not possible to express all forms of Einstein notations. More specifically, the particle velocity observable returns a flat array internally, so for an observable of n particles, a vector of size 3*n is manipulated internally. The scalar product applied between two such 3*n-dimensional vectors returns 1 value, which is why the VACF has shape (x, 1). The MSD has shape (x, n, 3) because it's a component-wise operation, and as such the number of particles can be used to re-shape the output.

Hope this helps,
JN