Re: Fw: RATTLE failed to converge after 1000 iterations

From: Christoph Junghans
Subject: Re: Fw: RATTLE failed to converge after 1000 iterations
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2021 16:58:50 -0700

That usually means a rigid bond got overstretched so much that rattle
cannot align it anymore. For debugging I would first try to figure out
what bond it is and then look at the positions of the involved atoms
at the timestep before the error happens. Usually the issue boils down
to a system setup problem.

Christoph

--
Christoph Junghans