Re: boost 1.71.0: undefined symbol error when importing espressomd -ubun

From: Rudolf Weeber
Subject: Re: boost 1.71.0: undefined symbol error when importing espressomd -ubuntu 20.04- espresso 4.1.4
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2020 09:36:43 +0100

Hi Kazem,
On Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 12:46:37AM +0330, k.manzoorolajdad wrote:
> I am installing espresso 4.1.4 on ubuntu 20.04 . There is no error message
> in the progress of "cmake" and "make". But when I import the espressomd, it
> returns:
>
> ImportError:
> /usr/local/lib/python3/dist-packages/espressomd/EspressoCore.so: undefined
> symbol: _ZN5boost3mpi6detail16mpi_datatype_map3setEPKSt9type_infoi
This might be libraries getting mixed up.
>From the path to Python (under /usr/local), I gather that you at least have a
>custom Python versoin rather than the one frmo Ubuntu.
Do you maybe also have two boost versions installed, one from /Ubuntu and one
unter /usr/local.
You can run
ccmake .
in the build dir and then press 't'  to toggle to the advanced view and check
the boost library path.
You can also use ldd to query library resolution on the Espresso shared objects:
>From the build dir: ldd src/core/EspressoCore.so
On Ubuntu 20, I get /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libboost_mpi.so.1.71.0 as the
resolution for boost mpi.

Regards, Rudolf