Re: Anisotropic particle with LB Fluid

From: Kai Szuttor
Subject: Re: Anisotropic particle with LB Fluid
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 13:55:20 +0200

Dear Ahmad,

if you want to have rotational degrees of freedom you need to have more than one coupling point between your “particle” and the LB fluid. Commonly the so-called raspberry model is employed where you have a rigid body consisting of several point particles that make up the desired shape and therefore hydrodynamic coupling to the LB fluid.
Please have a look at doc/tutorials/05-raspberry_electrophoresis in the espresso project for a tutorial on that matter.

Best Kai

Kai Szuttor
Institute for Computational Physics
Universität Stuttgart