Re: Memory leak in espresso

From: Jean-Noël Grad
Subject: Re: Memory leak in espresso
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 21:12:51 +0100

Hi,

I ran a polymer simulation with a hat potential and tabulated bonds to reproduce your system, and was able to measure a memory leak when the OpenGL visualizer was active. This is reproducible with other types of simulation. The leak rate is 12 megabyte/minute, which is substantial. Depending on the polymer parameters, I measured between 10 MB/min to 14 MB/min, which is of the same order of magnitude as the 8 MB/min you measured on your machine.

Thanks for reporting this issue. I've opened a ticket on GitHub:
https://github.com/espressomd/espresso/issues/3530

Best regards,
JN