Re: [ESPResSo-users] boundary condition in shear flow

From: Ivan Cimrak
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] boundary condition in shear flow
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 14:49:28 +0200

Hi,

In Espresso, you can use shapes as boundaries for the fluid. Moreover, you can prescribe the velocity on the surface of the boundaries. See the section
12.9. Using shapes as lattice Boltzmann boundary
in online ESPResSo documentation
http://espressomd.org/html/doc/lb.html

For Couette flow, you can set an upper and a lower rhomboid with the opposite velocities to create shear flow.

Best,
Ivan