Re: [ESPResSo-users] Icover & mbtools.

From: Mingyang Hu
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Icover & mbtools.
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2015 20:54:50 +0000

Hi Rohit,

You can find the icover website here: http://neilsloane.com/icosahedral.codes/

It's not quite the same as the old one. I couldn't find the scripts used by mbtools. So please try the attached scripts, which I got from the old site.

As far as I can remember, you will need to do the following in order to get icover to work in mbtools.
  1. untar the attachment, cd into that directory
  2. compile the c files by running "make" from the command line
  3. for the two files icover.sh and creconstruct in the directory, make sure they are in the system PATH
  4. This is basically the end of installing icover. Now, you can test it by running "icover.sh 482" and you should see 1446=482*3 float numbers as the (x, y, z) coordinates of those 482 points.
  5. Then, when you run your tcl scripts that using the icover setup, make sure you have the file codes.icover in the same directory, so that the icover.sh script knows where to find it.
I hope this would help you to set it up. Otherwise, you can always get the coordinates of the points from the new sites and set up simulations from there.

Best,
Mingyang