Re: [ESPResSo-users] While using rigid body with virtual sites (position

From: Owen Hickey
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] While using rigid body with virtual sites (position not inside a local plaquette dir 0...)
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 13:58:07 +0200

Hey Lena,

I am not sure exactly what the problem is but the first thing is to
compile with mass and give the non-virtual particle a mass and a
rotational inertia. I think the latter defaults to 1 1 1, but this is
probably far too small. This may also be why the simulation crashes. I
would also try lowering the time steps, which are rather large for an
LB simulation (although this of course depends on other parameters
too). How many steps does it integrate before crashing?
vs_auto_related fixes the position of the virtual particles relative
to the non-virtual central particle. I am not sure what you are
referring to as knots, but perhaps you mean the LB nodes. I have no
idea why it fails to fold the x-coordinate of one of the virtual
particles. having worked with LB and virtual sites there were some
problems when the particles weren't number from 0 to N with no breaks.
I think this is fixed, but it's worth a shot. Can you send us a copy
of your script? That might allow us to solve this issue.

Hope that helps!
Owen