Re: [ESPResSo-users] Inability to replicate a specific type of fluid flo

From: Ulf Schiller
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Inability to replicate a specific type of fluid flow.
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 12:12:58 +0000

Hi,

this is possible if you simulate at the given Reynolds numbers. I
suspect you used a smaller Reynolds number. Note that you need to keep
the Mach number small when increasing the Reynolds number (as a rule of
thumb, the velocity in lattice units should stay smaller than 0.01). You
don't need to change the density since LB recovers incompressible
hydrodynamics. You could reduce the viscosity, but most likely you will
have to reduce the resolution and timestep as well. High Reynolds number
simulations with LB can become quite computationally expensive.

Kind regards,
Ulf

--
Ulf D. Schiller