Re: [ESPResSo-users] compilation error

From: Xikai Jiang
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] compilation error
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 13:01:56 -0400

Sure! The config.log file is attached.

One strange thing is that, for the development code from Espressomd Github, I can compile without any problems.

Thank you!

Jimmy

From: address@hidden
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 17:55:57 +0100
To: address@hidden
CC: address@hidden

Hi!

Could you please send us the file "config.log" that you should find in the directory where you ran configure.

Olaf

Dear Espresso:

I'm using the latest development code from the branch of Konrad. When I compile the source code (configure --without-mpi --without-cuda), I met many error messages with mpi.cpp:

source/src/mpifake/mpi.cpp(45): error: identifier "malloc" is undefined
ntype = *newtype = malloc(sizeof(struct mpifake_dtype));

source/src/mpifake/mpi.cpp(45): error: a value of type "MPI_Datatype" cannot be assigned to an entity of type "mpifake_dtype *"
    ntype = *newtype = malloc(sizeof(struct mpifake_dtype));

source/src/mpifake/mpi.cpp(47): error: pointer to incomplete class type is not allowed
    ntype->format = LAM_DTSTRUCT;

I also tried to compile with mpi, but still errors with:

undefined reference to 'ompi_mpi_double'
undefined reference to 'MPI_Bcast'

I'm not sure where the problem is, any help are appreciated!

Thanks!

Jimmy

--
Dr. rer. nat. Olaf Lenz
Institut für Computerphysik, Allmandring 3, D-70569 Stuttgart