[ESPResSo-users] Discrepancy in velocity fluid flow between two plates

From: Wink, Markus
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] Discrepancy in velocity fluid flow between two plates
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 12:48:24 +0000

Dear Espresso-community,

I have got a question concerning the fluid flow between two plates (again). On the one hand, I have simulated it introducing a force density of 64000N/m^3. This should (in my system) result in a maximum velocity of 0.02m/s. This is what I get. Now I have tried setting up a rhomboid with a certain velocity so that the momentum is transferred to the fluid and the flow profile is achieved (the OIF-tutorial says, that way, the simulation should be faster). Surprisingly, this results in a max. velocity of the flow profile of 0.026 m/s, even though the velocity of the rhomboid is set to 0.02 m/s. Does anyone has a clue where this discrepancy comes from?

Attached you will find the simulation scripts and the relaxed velocity profiles.

Greetings

Markus