[ESPResSo-users] LB Bounds with paraview

From: Vincent Ustach
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] LB Bounds with paraview
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 17:58:57 -0700

Hey everyone,

Thanks again for a great week at the ICP!

I have a question about the paraview representation of the lbnode boundaries in vtk format.

My example script (attached) creates one row of particles with fixed position that could represent a rough surface.  The easiest way to make LB boundaries with a similar surface would be to include an lbboundary sphere command in the loop with a the same radius and position as the effective particle.

When I use ParaView to have a look at the boundaries:
Glyph
Glyph mode: box
scale mode: scalar
turn off mask points
turn off random mode

I notice they are represented as different colors and sizes. A 1-D scan shown in boundtest_s1.scan1 reveals different values for the boundaries and I have a hunch this is why. Changing the color is easy but I can't seem to get them the same size. Any way to fix this?

One last thing: Is there any concern for overlapping boundaries?

Cheers,

--Vincent Ustach
  University of California, Davis