Re: [ESPResSo-users] constraint violated by a particle

From: Georg Rempfer
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] constraint violated by a particle
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 16:14:44 +0200

Hello Soheila,

this error means that at least one particle is located inside the constraint. This can have several reasons. The most common one is that your time step it too big, which allows a particle that travels at a high enough velocity to jump over the singularity of the LJ potential in one time step. Another reason could be that there are particle types present in the system, which do not interact with the constraint due to a missing wall-particle interaction. Such particles could freely travel into the constraint and cause this error.

The information you gave is not sufficient for us to determine the actual cause. If you can not track down the mistake after this, please show us your whole simulation script, or even better, a simplified, cleaned up version which reproduces the error.

Greetings,
Georg Rempfer