Re: [ESPResSo-users] vtf issue with vmd

From: Olaf Lenz
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] vtf issue with vmd
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 12:24:00 +0100

Hi!

On 12/20/2011 11:55 AM, Jacob Kirkensgaard wrote:
> Sorry if this is wrong forum, but I thought most relevant people
> using vtf would be espresso-users (+ I know Olaf reads this :-) )

Indeed. ;-)

> I have a problem with the vtf format in vmd. I attach two initial
> snapshots made from the same espresso-script with the only difference
> being the number of particles in the simulations. One I can view in
> vmd - the other I can not. I simply get:

Strange, I cannot reproduce this, I can load both files without any
trouble. I have tried both loading them from the command line ("vmd
pep_lip_n10l-init.vtf") as well as loading the via the GUI. At least on
Linux there doesn't seem to be a problem.

I have no idea where the error message comes from - it is definitely not
generated by the plugin itself. It sounds as though the problem is
caused already by VMD when it calls the plugin. Maybe this is a
Mac-specific issue? I'll see whether I am able to reproduce it on a Mac.

Olaf

--
Dr. rer. nat. Olaf Lenz
Institut für Computerphysik, Pfaffenwaldring 27, D-70569 Stuttgart