Re: [ESPResSo-users] Implementation of S2 code

From: Axel Arnold
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Implementation of S2 code
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 20:25:53 +0200

Dear Muhammad,

the interface code is good, so chances are fairly good that the mistake is
somewhere in your code. Best thing is, if you run Espresso in the debugger,
gdb, and check where actually the segfault occurs. For debugging, you best
recompile Espresso with CFLAGS="-g -O0" so that no variables are optimized
out. Then you can use e.g. gdb as usual. If you haven't used a debugger so
far, you will probably need to get someone local to help; there is nothing
special about debugging Espresso, so anybody familiar with C will be ok.

Many regards,
Axel

--
JP Dr. Axel Arnold      Tel: +49 711 685 67609
ICP, Universität Stuttgart      Email: address@hidden