[ESPResSo] random number generator problem

From: BIN ZHANG
Subject: [ESPResSo] random number generator problem
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 22:41:07 -0800

Hi, there:

I have just started using Espresso, and it's really elegantly programmed and easy to use! Great job!

I have just noticed one problem about the random number generator, which doesn't seem to be so random. Seems to me calling the function init_random() in random.c will generate the same seed every time, and thus leads to the same sequence of random numbers. This will lead to exactly the same trajectory, which is bad for collecting statistics.

Is there any particular reason for this, or I'm just misunderstanding something?

Thanks,
Bin