[ESPResSo] New thermostat and empirical finding

From: Christopher Jesudason
Subject: [ESPResSo] New thermostat and empirical finding
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 12:07:47 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Friends,
Ever since using the  latest version of Espresso, two
points were noted:
1) The setmd temperature xxx does not work as it did
before
2) THe temperature in the set thermostat command
produces an actual temperature DOUBLE (factor of two)
of what is set in the program. For instance,
set gamma     0.1
set temp      3.00000
thermostat langevin $temp $gamma
produces a temperature of  T= 6.07594775952 or so
whenever the temperture is probed. I varied the
temperature setting and in each case a factor of two
was observed.
Kindly verify this.
Best Wishes, Happy 15 August,
Chris