erc-discuss

[Erc-discuss] <space> to scroll to next page?

From: Robert Epprecht
Subject: [Erc-discuss] <space> to scroll to next page?
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 14:24:26 +0100

Hello

I'm using erc on a linux text console. From Gnus and other emacs
programs my fingers are used to scroll to the next page while reading
by pressing <space>.

Unfortunately I have to press <PageDown> when reading through an
high traffic erc buffer.

I would like the space bar to go down to next page unless the point
is in the writable area of an erc buffer, where it should insert a space
char.

How do I do that?

Thanks a lot,
Robert.