erc-discuss

[Erc-discuss] ERC from emacs-cvs

From: Joseph LP
Subject: [Erc-discuss] ERC from emacs-cvs
Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 06:19:20 +0000 (UTC)

Hello, I'm using latest cvs (GNU Emacs 23.0.93.1). I've noticed that ssl/tls
connections aren't possible with the default ( erc-open-ssl-stream ) defun,
which I have now successfully overridden with:
  (defun erc-open-ssl-stream (name buffer host port)

  "Open an SSL stream to an IRC server.

The process will be given the name NAME, its target buffer will be BUFFER.  HOST
and PORT specify the connection target."
  (when (require 'tls)

    (let ((proc (open-tls-stream name buffer host port)))

      proc)))

Additionally, gnutls-cli (via tls-program) is unable to take certificates as an
argument, whereas the older openssl s_client method can.

Please advise on how to pass gnutls-cli as tls-program for certificate use.
I've tried:
 "gnutls-cli --priority secure256 --x509cafile
/home/ootput/.private/cert/CAs.pem --x509certfile
/home/ootput/.private/certs/nick.pem -p %p %h"

Which works for most other irc clients.. but not ERC

Please advise

Regards,
Joe