erc-discuss

[Erc-discuss] Dealing with freenode /QUIT bug

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [Erc-discuss] Dealing with freenode /QUIT bug
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 16:12:31 -0400

I've made a recent change to the ERC development version that should
be useful for those who visit freenode.  I've noticed in the past that
it is possible for freenode to fail to act on a /QUIT command.  These
changes force the connection closed 4 seconds after the user issues a
/QUIT.

Additionally, I've taken an idea from rcirc and made the ping handler
double as a hung-process check.  If an IRC process has not responded
in any way since the last ping, it will be disconnected.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: Emacs Lisp, text markup, protocols -- Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net