equinox-general

[Equinox-general] gnaw cartoon

From: Ann Montoya
Subject: [Equinox-general] gnaw cartoon
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 18:23:48 +0200

You know, when are we going to stop blaming ourselves for the rise of terrorism?
So it will take time, and we must have the patience to have the time spent on getting rid of them for good.
We're helping you with a national literacy program.
Do you agree with that?
You asked me a question based upon what you thought was in the document, or at least somebody told you was in the document.
We are a witness in Afghanistan to what they are and how they can hurt.
We are implementing the strategy. And we discussed those initiatives; we discussed whether or not they could be effective, we discussed how to make them effective.
After all, look inside of Great Britain.
We know our problems. I think it's a mistake for people to believe that going on the offense against people that want to do harm to the American people makes us less safe.
It is in President Musharraf's interest to see bin Laden brought to justice. So the fight against terrorism will continue the way we started it. They kill in order to achieve their objectives. And I told President Bush earlier in my conversation with him we feel very much embarrassed for having narcotics growing in our country.
We understand that it's important for people to have access to markets.
And how do we fight them, how do we get rid of them, other than going after them?
And we get over those difficulties, we resolve them, and we go to the next stage of this fight against terrorism for all the allies. President, we will support you on this strategy.
They have no conscience.
The President gave me a very direct assessment of successes in eradicating poppies and failures in eradicating poppies.
And then everybody can draw their own conclusions about what the report says. After all, look inside of Great Britain.
Well, they don't see what I see.
Do you agree with that? The President mentioned some examples of it. Bush in the East Room of the White House. I agree with their conclusion that because of our successes against the leadership of al Qaeda, the enemy is becoming more diffuse and independent. We lost almost two generations to the lack of education. Should we wait for them to come and kill us again?
I'm glad I came to know that story and I'll be repeating it to the Afghan people once I go back to Afghanistan. It is Afghanistan's problem, so Afghanistan is responsible for it and Afghanistan should act on it, with the help of our friends in the United States and the rest of the world.
The more educated a populace is, the more likely it is they'll be active participants in democratic forms of government.
On the one hand, if al Qaeda or al Qaeda affiliates are calling somebody in the country, we need to know why. She was a leader who wanted to give young girls an education in Afghanistan.
If somebody has got information about a potential attack, we need to be able to ask that person some questions.
It is an embarrassment to Afghanistan.
Ma'am, there is no new strategy on the fight against terrorism.