equinox-general

[Equinox-general] fabrication

From: Watty Chappell
Subject: [Equinox-general] fabrication
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 20:53:36 +0300

Froudes Carlyle is by no means a wax mask painted rosy red.
Every statement was verified; every fact was authenticated. That is all he says and all heneeds to say. The penalty for that is twenty pounds or a broken neck. He is the most imaginative character that Mr. We highbrows read what we like and do what we like and praisewhat we like.
Froudes Carlyle is by no means a wax mask painted rosy red. The middlebrow curries favour with both sidesequally.
The house is still the house of the Britishmiddle classes.
Our business is to see what we can do with the English language as it is. That proveduseless because besides the surface meaning it contained so many sunkenmeanings. What was yesterday a cornfield is to-day abungalow. Will you not, sir, read apronouncement of an authoritative nature from Broadcasting House?
Not on our professors;not on our reviewers; not on our writers; but on words. For few poets and novelists are capable of that high degree oftension which gives us reality.
To combine new words with old wordsis fatal to the constitution of the sentence. Forstersgifts differently and to restrict him to write comedy only.
Not on our professors;not on our reviewers; not on our writers; but on words.
We must revise our standardsof merit and set up new heroes for our admiration.
That proveduseless because besides the surface meaning it contained so many sunkenmeanings.