epix-users

[ePiX-users] New unstable release (Version 2.0pre)

From: Andrew D. Hwang
Subject: [ePiX-users] New unstable release (Version 2.0pre)
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 14:01:31 -0500 (EST)

There's a preliminary 2.0 package at the old URL:

  http://mathcs.holycross.edu/~ahwang/epix/epix2/epix-2.0pre.tar.bz2

I'll update the 2.0 project page fairly soon.

NOTES

The library can be built with "./configure && make" from the top level, as usual. Do NOT try to "make install".

There are plenty of bugs and missing features, but the user syntax and implementation strategy are close to finalized. It's possible to draw scenes containing a few basic object types with automatic hidden object removal and lighting effects.

The package contains several sample files (not all working, yet) and a "compile" script to convert them to eps. (cd to the "samples" directory and issue "./compile knot.cc", etc.) There's no documentation, and the user syntax differs considerably from Version 1.2, so I hope the sample files are self-explanatory enough to experiment with for now.

Output gets written directly to a file, not streamed to stdout. I'm not sure how much I like this, since the output file name must be hard-coded in the input file. Your input (er, no pun) is welcome.

Happy New Year!

--
Andy

Andrew D. Hwang                 address@hidden
Department of Math and CS       http://mathcs.holycross.edu/~ahwang
College of the Holy Cross       (508) 793-2458 (Office: 320 Swords)
Worcester, MA, 01610-2395       (508) 793-3530 (fax)