epix-devel

[ePiX-devel] possible bug in plane#plane(P const&, P const&, P const&)

From: Maik Beckmann
Subject: [ePiX-devel] possible bug in plane#plane(P const&, P const&, P const&)
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 21:24:51 +0100

Hello

The local variable perp in plane#plane(P const&, P const&, P const&), which is
later assigned to m_perp and thus returned by plane#perp(), is calculated
like this
  P perp((p3-p1)*(p2-p1));

I expected plane#perp() to return the normal vector of the plane, but the
preceding statement calculated the opposite direction (see attached pdf).
If this is intended its ok for me, since then plane#perp() returns a real
perpendicular :). Is it?

Regards,
 -- Maik