More available to test on macOS Enigma 1.30-beta

From: Sidney Markowitz
Subject: More available to test on macOS Enigma 1.30-beta
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 15:34:05 +1200

Here are some things that I would like people to try out for Enigma 1.30-beta on macOS.

Test the non-Homebrew installation on Mojave, Catalina, and Big Sur

This was built in Mojave and should work on all three versions. I don't have a Mac M1 machine to see if the app built on Intel runs on it. We can build an M1 version if someone can volunteer use of their M1 machine for it, the instructions are now very simple once you have Homebrew.

Download the dmg from our Github repository, open it, and install in /Applications folder

https://github.com/Enigma-Game/Enigma/releases/download/1.30-beta/Enigma-1.30-beta.dmg

  --------

For people who have Homebrew installed, I've set up a Homebrew tap named enigma-game/enigma that builds and installs the 1.30-beta.

Note: All of the Homebrew test cases should be tried out on Mojave, Catalina, and Big Sur (Intel only).

If anyone has a new Mac M1 that you can use to build a Homebrew bottle, let me know and I'll give you the simple instructions and we can add that to our beta release packages for people to test.

Before installing any these Homebrew ones, ensure that any prior installation is removed by running the command

  brew remove enigma

1. Install command line version from Homebrew bottles on Mojave, Catalina, and Big Sur on Intel

   brew install -v enigma-game/enigma/enigma

2. Install command line version, building from source, on same macOS versions

  brew install -v -s enigma-game/enigma/enigma

3. Install Enigma.app into /Applications folder from Homebrew cask

  brew install -v --cask --no-quarantine enigma-game/enigma/enigma

 -------

  Sidney