Re: Enigma 1.30 beta

From: Sidney Markowitz
Subject: Re: Enigma 1.30 beta
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 15:41:00 +1200

Fòram na Gàidhlig wrote on 17/08/21 6:47 pm:
Widelands is building Windows in a GitHub action - that might help you
get started

https://github.com/widelands/widelands/blob/4a9cb01a7326978a1c1d712a709ec30143982fc2/.github/workflows/build.yaml#L177

The same setup is working for Win32 and Win64 there.

Thanks, that is helpful for when I want to try building for Windows using Github actions, but I'm looking for updated instructions on getting Enigma to build in mingw.

Someone has done it, since the 1.30-beta Win32 zip file has been uploaded, but the readme and the scripts in the source tree haven't been updated to explain how to do it.

I'm trying to get something to build in Windows using the msys2 build environment and I don't see how it was ever possible... For one thing, src/Makefile.am sets as a linker option for MINGW of -lsmpeg but that is only for SDL 1.2. With SDL2 it has to be -lsmpeg2 so I don't see how the Windows version could possibly have been built under MINGW.

 Sidney