Re: A new release?

From: Andreas Lochmann
Subject: Re: A new release?
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 02:05:58 +0100

thanks for asking, great to hear from you :-)

In a certain sense, there are new strings to translate ... but they are not yet in Enigma, they are distributed over lots of level files on mag-heut and on our own hard drives.

We are still some months away from a point where we can say: Now is a good moment to start translation. Actually, our plan was something like this:

1. Alpha, to have something at hand that at least works.
   (Well, it won't work perfectly, there are some quirks left.)
2. Get more levels from developers, as they explore alpha.
   In parallel: Some work on the search menu. And bugs.
3. Translations. And bugs. And, maybe, Chinese, finally?
   (SDL 2 might be easier on fonts than SDL 1.2, we'll have to try.)
4. 1.3! :-)

Since when are we working on this plan?
July 2019.

How far have we come?
Not even at (1), but some more weeks might suffice for (1) ... depending on how easy it is to compile the new SDL-2-based Enigma for Windows, which will be the next step. If anyone wants to try: Use the branch "sdl2-scaling" from github:
  https://github.com/Enigma-Game/Enigma/tree/sdl2-scaling
Help and hints are appreciated :-)
(I haven't really tried with SDL 2 yet, but last time with SDL 1.2 was just torture.)

How long are we still going to need till (4)?
Please, don't ask. I don't like pressure ...

Regards,
Andreas