Re: [Enigma-devel] Startup Error.

From: Andreas Lochmann
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Startup Error.
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2019 21:14:36 +0200

Hi Ivan,

thanks for the praise :-)

The error concerning state.xml and enigma.score nowadays only appears when you mingle with these files, which obviously hasn't happened. So it's a completely different kind of error.

Please tell me: Which operating system are you using? Windows? Which version of it?

Which version of Enigma are you using? (The version number appears in the lower left on the start screen. The newest version is 1.21.)

Can you make a screenshot of these 2 screens with paths you see when exiting the game?

Right now, if I might speculate: Something might stop Enigma from writing a state.xml and enigma.score in the first place. On Windows, they are well hidden, so let's not jump to conclusions; maybe they are there, and you just haven't found them. But your description about losing progress somewhat sounds like Enigma can't write the files it wants to write, maybe due to missing permissions on the file system. If this is the problem, you can solve it by entering the "Options" menu, submenue "Paths", and entering two paths you know you can write onto. However, before trying this, please try to create a screenshot and send it to my email address (not to the whole enigma-devel-list), so I get a better picture about what is happening.

Best regards,
Andreas