Re: [Enigma-devel] enigma and fedora 29-30

From: Andreas Lochmann
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] enigma and fedora 29-30
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2019 23:23:19 +0200

Hi Kari,

sorry for the delay. I use Ubuntu, and I observe occassional freezes which seem to be caused by the sound engine. Let's assume that this is the same bug you describe. Then try to disable music and sound (in the menu and/or by starting enigma with options --nomusic and --nosound). This might do the trick for the time being (it did for me at least). Please write us, whether this solves your problem.

The next release of Enigma (whenever this will be) should better switch to SDL 2, which might already solve this bug. However, this needs time.

Best,
Andreas