Re: [Enigma-devel] problem with unclutter

From: Andreas Lochmann
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] problem with unclutter
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 22:52:50 +0100

Hi Hanes,

thank you very much for your bug report,
I can reproduce your bug. It seems to be
connected to another rather old bug:
Screen savers tend to turn on while playing
Enigma. Obviously, mouse movement
during Enigma is not properly forwarded
to the rest of the system in at least some
Linux distros.

The randomly moving mouse bug is known
to other SDL-based games as well, see the
forum answers here:

http://debaday.debian.net/2007/03/27/unclutter-hide-the-mouse-cursor-after-a-period-of-inactivity/
They list xmoto and quake3. As it seems to
be an SDL bug, we tended to leave it this
way and wait for a reaction by the SDL
colleagues; maybe we have to move to
a newer version, though.

Either way, thanks again!