[Enigma-devel] Can't change game language on Linux without overriding en

From: Rémi Verschelde
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Can't change game language on Linux without overriding environment variable
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 09:31:56 +0100

Hi there,

I've packaged enigma 1.21 for Mageia 5, and all translations are
properly included in /usr/share/locale/<lang>/LC_MESSAGES/enigma.mo

However, I can't change the locale by clicking on a flag or using the
language entry in the settings: the settings are properly changed (I
see e.g. "Language: dansk"), but the game remains in French which is
my system locale.

I can override this with: $ LANGUAGE=da enigma
But it's annoying that it does not work using the GUI. I also tried
the --lang switch but it doesn't work either.

Here is a log from $ enigma --log:
https://framalab.org/zerobin/?91d45cc880dcf9ce#aNGho8fwnnzKPmp8vUk2fOsMlOPFSzPVzi+eDIdAqRc=

Do you know how I could debug this further?

Thanks in advance,
Rémi Verschelde / Akien