[Enigma-devel] Re : Hi Keith from Ray Re: Making new Enigma Levels

From: Busser Alain
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Re : Hi Keith from Ray Re: Making new Enigma Levels
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 14:49:14 +0400

----- Message d'origine -----
De: address@hidden
Date: Jeudi, Juillet 3, 2014 1:50 pm
Objet: [Enigma-devel] Hi Keith from Ray Re: Making new Enigma Levels
À: address@hidden

> 1.
> You can edit an Enigma Level file with WordPad inwindows.  I think it
> is worth getting asource code editor, like "Notepad++", it will show
> you where pairs ofparenthesis are and other syntax errors. You can
> Google "notepad++" and down load a free copy.

I would advise not to use Windows at all, as I had problems with the ends of
lines which are encoded in a peculiar manner under windows and a level
developped under windows may well not work at all. But under Windows, Geany is
a good text editor, with a syntax highlighting. So I would avise it (it is a
free software too)

> Enigma Reference Manual describes whatneeds to be done for that.

Just in case, for those who read French I wrote how I created a level in this
wikipedia article: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enigma_%28jeu_vid%C3%A9o%29

My last advice would be to register to this forum:
http://www.mag-heut.net/blackball/index.php as this is the place to have a
level debugged, or just to find levels which have not found their way to
Enigma, or ideas that may yield to levels, etc

Happy coding

Alain